genetic deformity? *picture*

becstalls

Crowing
13 Years
May 22, 2010
Indiana, PA
Hi all. This is Evil, my little white EE. (she gets her name from being demonic looking after eating tomatoes, her bill deformity makes her beard all tomato stained like she'd been drinking blood) She's about 7 months old now. I'm wondering if her bill deformity is from inbreeding at the hatchery or what would cause that? Could it be nutritional? It's been that way since her bill was large enough to really have a shape.

58310_evil.jpg

It's simply was just a incubator thing..To hot or a flux in temps. Most of the time the beaks will be crooked. But hers just goes down instead of to the side...Just watch her and make sure she eats well...Very pretty girl for sure... Toni-Marie

I have only ever used broodies, and I also get the occasional beak deformity. My one hen has a really serious beak deformity, but she's a great mom and still manages to eat and drink. We will have to invite her around to dinner soon though because I don't think she will be able to manage for much longer
sad.png

Like the others said just keep an eye on her to make sure she gets enough to eat. What a face on that girl, very piercing! She certainly looks "evil"
lol.png

Quote:
I haven't done tons of hatching, but that really doesn't sound right to me. I had temp problems on two of my early hatches and the chicks hatched 2-3 days early. I still had 90-95% hatch rates (my own mutt eggs, no shipping) and none of the chicks had any deformities. I'd think if she's from a hatchery that they probably have their big bators pretty well dialed in...
hu.gif

i would've named her, pretty birdy... because she reminds me of a parrot... LOL...

she is gorgeous, and looks like she is smiling or smirking... i dunno... like this...
jerkface.gif
HAHAHAHAHA...

I'll dig my genetics book out when its light out and let you know what it says about the curved beak.

Its not from incubating it is genetic-all though she's beautiful-dont use her for breeding-I have one with a crooked beak and she didnt hatch that way it slowly grew that way-she lays the prettiest blue eggs for eating:)

Back
Top Bottom