Genetically Modified Salmon

Agree and signed... also added my own comment...

"I believe citizens should be allowed to make informed decisions about anything that enters their bodies. That opinion pertains to not only foods, but also drugs, alcohol, and even sex. Please do not rob us of the right to say no."

Signed and posted to my Facebook.
tongue.gif

Quote:
That's why our digestive system works out the food until it gets broke down to elementary types... fat, sugars, etc..
Genetic material is completely ignored by your digestive system so there is no way you may end up sick now or in future for ingesting genetic modified food.

Also, the fact that many breeds of chicken (corn, cow, bean, sheep, apple, etc.) exist today means that their original genetic has been messed up by humans, whether by selection or direct modification they are no more the wild fowl they were, and people eat them without saying a thing, but when a genetic improvement made in laboratory appears people don't react the same way.

Also, many breeds suffer the consequences of deformed features that breeders selected to be the standard of that breed (some may even cause discomfort for the bird) and that doesn't make people feel bad or try to change it.

They idea of natural and not natural is almost always misleading in this matter, I think.

Last edited:
Quote:
Selective breeding and genetic modification via lab are two entirely different things. This is new science. We humans think we're so smart, but we don't know a lick about the wonders of life.

I still want it labeled.

Quote:
100% agree

I think there is another petition going around about labeling GMO food.
Foods which contain genetically modified ingredients, must show on the label the product contains GMO.
I want to know if the tomato I buy contains fish genes through Genetic Modification.
sickbyc.gif

Can't find that petition.

amyableSelective breeding and genetic modification via lab are two [b :

entirely[/b] different things. This is new science. We humans think we're so smart, but we don't know a lick about the wonders of life.

I still want it labeled.

thumbsup.gif

Natural evolution has been going on for millinia...

I find it quite aragont for us humans to be messing around in the Labratory creating Fanankenstein fish....
sickbyc.gif

All for what... Higher profits for the folks that own the patent??? Have we not learned enough from Monsanto and what happened to the vast majorty of other soy bean breeds... Know we have a very small genetic pool.. This can and will happen to Salmon if this is allowed...

I want this garbage labled so I no not to buy it! Much is not understood about nutritioin, the health of people has been declining since we all eat too much cheap corn and soy.... Maybe because it is GMO maybe not! Does not really matter....
(It is best to not get me started....
barnie.gif
)

ON​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom