Genetics category?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by seriousbill, Jul 23, 2008.

1. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    I've noticed several posts lately in both the "breeds in general" and the "everything else chicken" categories that directly address genetics questions. Since these topics ask for specific, and sometimes expert, help on breeding and poultry genetics, it seems like it might be a good idea to have a separate place to put these threads so that they get the focused attention they need and don't get lost in the shuffle. This is not to say that they've been ignored, because, actually, that's not been the case, but I was thinking that they might get more attention from the experts if they had their own section. Just a suggestion [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Whoa, I'd like that.
    It hadn't occurred to me that those posts would have been in "Everything Else Chicken", so....I've missed all those threads.

A category for Genetics would be excellent.

Susan

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Ask Nifty. [​IMG]

4. SandyAcresPoultry

SandyAcresPoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    I would support this idea. Genetics is where it all begins. Anyone up for breeding and exhibiting topics?
    Sandy

5. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    genetics section would be great:rolleyes:[​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I know...would be nice [​IMG] I just started a thread that SHOULD have been in a genetics category [​IMG] LOL

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I would love to have a genetics section. [​IMG]

8. highmountainchick

highmountainchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2008
    I agree. As our general audience of beginners or intermediate chicken owners move toward more understanding and advanced knowledge, there is going to be more of a need to help with this topic.

9. SandyAcresPoultry

SandyAcresPoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    I tried a search for genetics. Could those of you that know of any particular titles or posts direct me with links. Thanks in advance to all.

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

There is a bit more interest in this than I expected. Let me discuss it with the staff.

Are there others interested in this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by