Genetics: Penciled Runner Drake x Blue Runner Ducks

FarmrGirl

MooseMistress
13 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Southern Maryland
So I have a bit of a grasp on sex-linked ducks and I've bred some successfully in the past. I was thinking of breeding sex linked Runners next year and remembered how pretty my last batch of bibbed lilac WH x Ancona were.

I wonder if I breed my Penciled Runner drake to a Blue Runner duck will I get lilacs with the Runner Pattern? Sounds pretty, huh?

I know there are some folks here with amazing minds for genetics... am I way off on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
According to the genetics calculator you have a possibility of getting the following:

Male:
Pied Self Blue
Pied Self Black

Female:
Pied Self Lilacs
Pied Self Chocolate

According to the genetics calculator you have a possibility of getting the following:

Male:
Pied Self Blue
Pied Self Black

Female:
Pied Self Lilacs
Pied Self Chocolate
genetics calculator? never heard of that lol however that would be cool looking
sorry to cut in but if i had my male pekin with my black and blue swedish ducks what would they look like?

genetics calculator? never heard of that lol however that would be cool looking
sorry to cut in but if i had my male pekin with my black and blue swedish ducks what would they look like?
Pekin X Black Swedish:

Black Self Bibbed

Pekin X Blue Swedish:

Blue Self Bibbed
Black Self Bibbed

So I have a bit of a grasp on sex-linked ducks and I've bred some successfully in the past. I was thinking of breeding sex linked Runners next year and remembered how pretty my last batch of bibbed lilac WH x Ancona were.

I wonder if I breed my Penciled Runner drake to a Blue Runner duck will I get lilacs with the Runner Pattern? Sounds pretty, huh?

I know there are some folks here with amazing minds for genetics... am I way off on this?

Thanks!

Hey girl -- would LOVE to see a pic of a bibbed lilac WH x Ancona. That sounds beautiful!

Hi guys!

You can see pictures of the "tuxedo dux" here: http://2mooses.weebly.com/ancona-wh-cross.html

Folks call me all the time to ask if I have anymore available. I would love to do more sex-link breedings!

Great blog (as usual). Very interesting and love all the pics!

ppimf -- I don't believe your case is sex-linked genetics which is the point of this thread. I'm guessing you would get black and white pied ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom