genisis 1588 HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sillystunt, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    OK, so i am ready for my next hatch. I had it on 6 to keep a 99.6 temp. I have it running and it's low. Do i need to reset it or something? I put it on 4 to see what temp i get, then i will increase it.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, yeah has a fan~

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Are you saying that 99.6 is wrong? Seems right on target to me. Or do you mean it's running lower now?

3. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    i am sorry, it's on 6 now same as before and reading 92* i have had it running for 3 hours. I just flicked it on 4 to the factory setting to see what i get.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, not sure. I've never used a preset bator before so not sure how to help. If you can't get it going right, maybe call GQF tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sometimes you have to unplug them, turn all the toggle switches to the off position and then turn it back on.

6. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    ok, i will do that!

7. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    ok, i had put it at 4 and it's at 97. just put back to six and we will see!
    thanks

8. MAllen

MAllen Get In The Game

Aug 23, 2009
    Claremore, OK.
    Hi, If it's a 1588 the factory setting should be perfect for hatching chickens. Mine just hatched almost 90% of my shipped eggs, 26 out of 31 total, on factory settings on it's very first run. All you should have to worry about is the humidity. If your temp guage is reading something other than 100 when the bator is on factory settings I would suspect the temp guage is off, not the bator.

Matt

9. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    The factory setting doesn't keep mine au 99.6 ish~ I just got done my other hatch and i am wanting to load up. Mine needed to be on 6. I am in Fl, not sure if that matters??

It's pretty new! 3 hatches

The hydrometer is digital, brand new~ should i get another to make sure? have 2?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  10. MAllen

MAllen Get In The Game

Aug 23, 2009
    Claremore, OK.
    Oh I get it, sorry. You've used it already and you're adjusting based on past hatches. Fortunately mine seems to be right where it should be. Best of luck with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by