George, my loving grey parrot!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by styliani, Jan 5, 2015.

1. styliani

styliani New Egg

Jan 1, 2015
    What do you think about grey parrots? They are my favorite birds, so intelligent, playfull, loving, nasty! My first grey was Kostakis, who left us suddendly five years ago and caused us great pain. But 10 days after his death, as I walked in a petshop to buy food for my canary, I saw George in a cage, alone, plucked and miserable. His owner neglected him and finally dumbed him in that cold petshop. I bought him immediately and he became the joy of our lives. He talks, dances, imitates every sound, loves petting but is still plucking now and then. He is such a sweet bird![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. emma p

emma p Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    :D I have a one too! They are so sweet! Ours is a timneh, it looks like yours is a congo?

3. Talithahorse

Talithahorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Hartselle, Al
    I, too have a grey. Mine is a Timneh named Walter. We have been together for 30 years. He is wonderful. He makes all kinds of wonderful sounds but despite my greatest effort (I was a teenager when I first got him) he never really learned to talk. He makes a few "words" Iwuvvu for I love you. juju for good juice, and will shush you. Now in the sounds department he is a master. He meows better than the cat, phones, alarms, squeaks, squawk, and all manner of star wars light saber and laser gun imitations.

4. emma p

emma p Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    :D Ours will make the do all different kinds of phone rings. He knows the sounds it makes if we get a text or if we hang up. It is pretty funny, but it also can lead to thinking the phone is ringing when it is just him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by