Georgia /Alabama Swap Meet/Trade Day We Have A Place!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by lockedhearts, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Robin (pumpkinpup) and I have been tossing around the idea of trying to start up a Trade Day here in Georgia.
    I doubt we could do it monthly but probably Quarterly.
    We think it would be a great time, get together, meet other BYC'rs and possibly find that "Dream Chicken"

Any Interest in this. I have a potential location in mind that would be large enough. I would have to firm that up if we get enough interest.

We are very interested in doing this and would really like support.
    When we met at the Show in Jefferson, it was really fun meeting other members.

Let us know and post any ideas you might have on organizing this.

It is also possible I could get some items for a raffle/give away too.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Id be interested, If its not to far. [​IMG]

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Hey Brian,
    The one place I have in mind is about 3 1/2 hours from you. Depending on response I may try to find other locations. Will let you know.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I certainly hope that this gets off the ground. We have nothing of this sort available here.

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Thanks, Ill be keeping a watch on this thread, even 3 1/2 hours from me, I still might try to make it when I can. Hope this gets off the ground. [​IMG]

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I am a bit shocked that there are not more GA and AL folks who would be interested in doing something like this! [​IMG]

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm interested and I have raffle items and will volunteer our farm if Hubby agrees as a meet up if you all like. we have a large screened porch which would be good for gathering/ eating and/or even put your chicks to trade there.

Let me know. Nancy

8. Shockwave

Shockwave Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    I would love to have something reasonably local like this to attend and meet other BYC people. I hope you get enough interest to make it worth doing. Good luck! [​IMG]

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Let me know. I'm having issues with my car again, it's leaking antifreeze from up front. Not sure when I can get it back to the shop and fixed. Maybe I can drive hubby's. But I'm interested!

10. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I would be intrested I am in Newnan not far at all from me. I could bring some Black Copper Eggs and Rhode Island Red Eggs . And a full grown beautiful Black Copper Marans Rooster

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by