Georgia breeders???

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wjallen05, Jul 21, 2008.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    We live in Northeast Georgia, between Athens/Gainseville. Any breeders out there?
    I am interested in Buff Orptingtons, White Leghorns, and Blue Silkies.

TIA

2. ridgrats

ridgrats Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Royston, GA
    I'm in Royston. Don't have any breeds you mentioned. Do have Cuckoo Marans and 7 different Old English Game Bantams.

Rodney

3. Gallopinto

Gallopinto Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2008
    Athens / Winterville, GA
    I am new here and have lots of questions... [​IMG]
    I would like to know who lives in the Athens / Winterville area.
    We just started with 1 Buff Orpington and 3 game hens/mixed breed? All 4 are laying hens.
    Would like to know who sells hens, what breed they sell and when (is there more available in the spring?)
    Where do you buy DE around here?

Thanks,
    LM

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I live in NW Ga and am raising Orps, have several Buff Hens, One Blue/Black 2 month old (hen , hoping) and one Rooster.
    I am working on a deal for some blacks and Splashes.
    I will be hatching more in the spring and will be selling most of the chicks then.

5. grace6691

grace6691 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2008
    GA
    I'd like to know if there are any breeders also.. I'm just getting started with my flock and I'm in the Atlanta area but I go up to Athens alot

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I live in Fannin County, right at the NC line, and have Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons. I will have Barred Rocks in a few months when my young roos grow out-lost my older one to a drug reaction, sadly, so I'm waiting on his sons to grow up.

7. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Hi,

I live in NE georgia, aroung Cornelia/Homer/Gainesville area. I only have a few chickens right now, but Missourichick may be able to help. She has serema babies I know, and she has access to many others. Give her a Pm, and maybe she can help. If I hear of any, I will let you know.

Also, you can look at the farmers market buttetin. here is the website.... Hope it helps...

http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/

8. dr. who

dr. who Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    I probably live near you. You may want to try southern states or stages in crawford or athens seed and lawn in watkinsville for the de. I had a white silkie roo and black silkie hen but she looked at the rain and drowned. Right now I have mille fleur d'uccle and mottled cochin bantam eggs being sat. check the georgia farmers market and consumersbulliten for local breeders who are selling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by