Georgia desperate for 2-3 Silkie hens and Millie Fleur d'Uccles

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jflanny, Feb 24, 2013.

1. jflanny

jflanny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Newnan Ga
    Hi Everyone- We've had pet chickens for 16 years with overall good luck. Last weekend at a poultry show, we purchased two darling Silkie pullets and two beautiful Mille Fleur d'Uccle pullets. For temporary housing they were being kept in an enclosure within our completely enclosed run. It has a little separate coop and we put one mature hen in with them for company.

Something got into this enclosure and killed the four new pullets but not the larger hen. I think it may have been a possum which squeezed in at the gate enclosure. I was absolutely devastated. This happened overnight Thursday. We have gone over coop and run with eagle eyes and covered any potential entry areas with pieces of wire. I want to purchase two bantam Silkies ( one white/paint), one Partridge/buff hen-pullets; and two Millie Fleur d'Uccles as I quickly became attached to those darlings. I am so depressed over this.

Does anyone have any of these birds available for sale? I promise this was has never happened and our birds are very very well cared for.

We are in Newnan Georgia which is just south of Atlanta. Thank you very much.

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan. Sorry to hear about your birds. You might try posting in the Georgia thread, maybe there is someone not too far from you who has birds for sale.

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] sorry to hear about your chickens, you may also try Craigslist too, or inquire at your local feedstore for some local breeders.

4. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    Hi from Kentucky![​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, jflanny, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here but sorry to hear about your losses! In addition to what the others have posted about finding replacement chicks, you might also post in the Buy-Sell-Trade section below. Good luck - hope you find the birds you seek!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

You can also post in the breeds/genetics/showing thread below. Look up the specific breeds and post your request.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/breeds-genetics-showing

6. jflanny

Feb 22, 2013
    Newnan Ga
    Thank you everyone! Brand-new here so just learning the ropes. Much appreciated. Have sent emaiks to a couple local breeders. Will try to locate the "georgia" thread on here- haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet!

But I am very appreciative as I said!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Here's a link to the Georgia thread - hope it helps!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/121387/yo-georgians

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

9. jflanny

Feb 22, 2013
    Newnan Ga
    Thank you!!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm so sorry to hear about your loss [​IMG] I hope you find some replacements soon! Once you have a post count of 20 or more you can place a "wanted" ad in the BST section here. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by