Georgia power outage - Day 20 hatching

katiek

Songster
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
Wildwood, GA
So last night, the power went out. My eggs are supposed to hatch tomorrow, and they went about 20 hours with no heat.

I'm sure that it's a lost cause, but I'm keeping them in the bator, hoping for the best.

Wish me luck!

That's a nightmare for someone with a bator full of eggs. Hopefully they will still hatch. Good luck to you.
fl.gif
Keep us posted.

did you put comforters over the incubator and not open it?
it may make it hope so
a portable generator is a good thing
they are gas powered and hook up to a extension cord then brought cord into your incubator

I am with you. Mine was out for 8 hours today. I candled a few a minute ago and they were moving, so I know some survived! I am happy about that but I am not sure how many perished. I will candle them all tomorrow probably.

Quote:
That's exactly my plan. My 'bator only draws about 47-50 watts - that's with a turner and a fan - and I have a 300watt inverter that plugs into the lighter in my car. 100 watt inverters are fairly inexpensive, too, and would be plenty for most 'bators, LG's and Hovabators, anyway. I don't know about a bigger one, and homemade ones will vary depending on what you install in them.

In the event of something happening that would prevent my using the car as an emergency power source, I'd most likely have bigger problems than the eggs to worry about.

I've got the car thing. If perchance....

But we usually only loose power in July, August and September... during the monsoon season.

Back
Top Bottom