Georgia Town BANS Public BreastFeeding!!!

I was watching a movie today that poked fun at breastfeeding past one year old. I have a long response in my head but I will just say that what they are doing is wrong. Women should be able to decide what to and not to do with their own bodies. If they say you cannot breastfeed in public what restrictions will they try to get away with next? Just because someone perceives holding hands is disgusting, oh ban it! Don't agree to make someone do something with their body just because you percieve it as disgusting, you never know what someone thinks you do is disgusting and try to ban.

(side note: I breastfed my daughter for over a year and a half and would have continued but she was ready and weened herself. YAY for breastfed babies!!!)

Quote:
lau.gif
Ok, I'm not even going to comment on the debate at hand, but this cracked me up.

Me too!!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
They should be on solid foods by the age of 2,i think the cutoff point should be around 1 maybe a little over.So let's just agree to disagree.

Aren't you male? Just want to clarify.

Also, children need the fat, protein and nutrients provided by milk until they are at least 2 years old, for brain development. Cows milk is just not as good for kids as human breast milk. Cows milk is just the breast milk of another species. It is and should be up to the mother and child regarding how long they are going to nurse for. Solid foods do not contain the same nutritional value provided by human milk. I am not attacking. Your view point is common in society, but most of society does not know much about breastfeeding and breastmilk.

All I gotta say is why is it "wrong" to feed our kids the milk that is solely produced for their consumption, but it's perfectly ok to feed them (and ourselves) the milk from the breasts of other animals? Them's some messed up priorities. If someone can explain that in logical terms, I'd really appreciate it
smile.png

(Breastfed- well, pumped - momma for only 8 months or so, not nearly as long as I wish I could have done it. Serious latch problems.) I also don't drink milk....but I give it freely to my kid because I couldn't give her the lactation time she deserved.

Quote:
Its not the fact that they are drinking milk. Its breast feeding in public. If the kid was drinking his mothers milk out of a bottle no one would complain.

I agree that people should be able to breast feed a two year old, but isn't there some age where it would look a bit inappropriate? Or is it OK to do it forever? That is what I am curious about. Is there a cutoff?

It's not my business how long someone else decides to breastfeed their child. If I don't like looking at it because it is an older child, I will excersize my ability to walk away.

Quote:
Is that really a concern though? As someone else said, children will wean themselves at some point. I have never met a 10yo, let alone an 18 year old who is still nursing.

So we're trumping health for "decency". Still, no sense at all.

There's a LOT more offensiveness out there than NIP. That peopleofwalmart.com site proves that.

Besides, nursing kids and bottles don't always go together. Let's override something that's a natural feeding method, and instead do hoses, pumps and bottles. It's fun, I tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom