Georgia's new Thread.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pr0wlunwoof, Mar 17, 2014.

1. pr0wlunwoof

pr0wlunwoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2014
    Here is a new thread for Georgians. The other one dissipated.

2. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    The back porch is working great for my chicks !! Cleaned it out and now the baby duckies can go out there too!!!!!

3. WGAchick

WGAchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Villa Rica, GA
    I'm the one that posted about the Wildhorse chicks and I'm in Villa Rica. In fact, I'm not far from you & Gam. I'm on the opposite side of Rose's going towards town.

I understand about the memory thing. I'll forget this in about 10 minutes! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  4. pr0wlunwoof

Mar 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

So back to talking about chickens.

Or Spy robots
    .[​IMG]

5. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

HEY! It was you who posted that about wild horse. :D

6. pr0wlunwoof

Mar 12, 2014
    So how do you guys get your chickens to warm up to ya. I took a couple of them out the brooder in the garage and all they did was poop on the ground and not move.

7. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga

Been about two weeks now with my new free range game hens. They still run away when I come with food. Only one will turn around and walk slowly to the food once I have exited the run, so slow but sure might be the trick. They don't trust me yet

8. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Now my six baby buff chicks come a running when they hear me LOL they know I have food LOL

9. WGAchick

WGAchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Villa Rica, GA
    I would be interested to know this myself. The first week was easier for me. Mine were in a small brooder and I had to clean it a lot so that along with a few very mild cases of pasty butt meant I had to handle them more.

They turned 2 wks old today and now that they are in a bigger brooder, they seem to be a little wilder! We can't get our coop built fast enough!

I just brought some chick grit today so I'm hoping I can start giving them some treats and that will help.

10. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Yo Georgia back up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by