Georgie gets compliments.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uppity Peon, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

My neighbors (who don't know chickens) both commented how handsome they think my 24 week old SLW rooster Georgie is. Well. he's mine so I have to agree, but I'll post a couple pictures to see what you all think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have to agree with your neighbors! [​IMG] He's one studly man! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's awesome! He has such kind eyes-how is his temperament?

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

VERY handsome fellow, and quite a lovely lady behind him in the pic!

5. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    He looks like he's wearing a french beret. I imagine him with a suave french accent, smooth talking the ladies.

6. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

He has such kind eyes-how is his temperament?

[​IMG] I think you have a good eye, Speckledhen. He is mellow. He is like a cop, though. If there is any squabble, he runs over and breaks it up.

But smooth with the ladies? I have to disagree. He outweighs them by quite a bit and seems a little clumsy in his reproductive efforts. But his comb does give him a french beret.
    [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had some experience reading the look in a rooster's eyes. Hawkeye had such kind eyes, as does Zane, Isaac and Suede. Dutch and I had a little "disagreement" awhile back and he just doesn't feel the same toward me lately and it shows in his expression.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by