1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

German Pancakes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    I was looking for a way to get rid of some of my eggs and used the following recipe for German Pancakes:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/German-Pancakes-II/Detail.aspx

I cooked mine in the toaster over turned up really high so they cooked faster. I also cooked some in the frying pan as a test and they came out okay (not as fluffy as baked).

These are a bit on the "eggy" side, so don't expect regular pancakes. These are basically a cross between normal pancakes and an omelet.

My favorite topping: Lemon juice and a bunch of powdered sugar... YUMMM! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Rob,that recipe sounds good. I was wondering if some kind of breakfast meat could be added. When the girls get to laying regular I am going to give it the old test.

3. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    Rob,

Next time you make this...... try adding 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamin and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

Then.... melt the butter in the pan, and add 2 cups of sliced apples. Return the melted butter and apple slices to the oven for a few minutes, until you hear the apples sizzling.

Then pour your dough over the apples... top with a couple tablespoons of brown sugar..... then bake!

9x13 pan..... 450 degree oven.

Forget the lemon juice..... Just a 'titch' of maple syrup!

[​IMG]
    Sandy

4. NiftyChick

NiftyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    California
    Sandyki, that sounds DELICIOUS! [​IMG] We'll try it one of these days & let you know how it goes. Thank you!!!

5. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    My wife will make a yellow cake she will use anywhere from 6-8 eggs I believe it calls for maybe 1-2 eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by