German shepherd fanciers, look at these!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BarredCometLaced, Oct 23, 2011.

1. BarredCometLaced

BarredCometLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Northern NH
    I was looking around at German line German shepherd breeders and came upon this website. https://kraftwerkk9.com/dogs-for-sale/puppies/. Ahhh, if only i had TON of money. Aren't these puppies beautiful? [​IMG] *SIGH*

I expecially enjoy looking at the trained adults, but $10000? That more then pocket change. But they are gorgeous.... Now all i have to do is win the lottery [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    puppies are always beautiful. but you can get awesome working line pups for less than the $3000 they are asking. You can also get trained adults for less than that. Generally $10K is the price for police dept level training. Kraftwerk is a broker, buying dogs from others and then reselling them for huge $$. The dog in NY Times a couple weeks ago, the one abandoned at the airport? She was from Kraftwerk.

Tons of cute GSD puppies everywhere that are just as good (or better) for less than half the price. Going rate for a good working prospect GSD pup is $1500 or less, depending on your local area. (Of course others might be a bit more, depending again on area. But that's average price)

http://crookedcreekranch1.com/

http://grandcanyonk9.homestead.com/page04.html

http://sequoyah-german-shepherds.com/

The best thing about all of these breeders is that they will stand behind their dogs. [​IMG]

If you're really interested in a GSD pup, I'll let you borrow my 11 month old. He'll cure you pretty quick!

3. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    They are nice looking pups----but I would never pay that much for a puppy. Here's a pic. of my girl, Daisy, who was finally relinquished to me by her original owner (it took 2-3 years to get her). He kept her on a logging chain in his back yard from the time she was around 6 mos. until I got her when she was 5----she's now 10.

[​IMG]

And here are pics. of my mom and dad and their GSD, Baron. He came from champion lines----I actually have an old GSD book that has a couple pics. of dogs in his lineage that are champions. My parents got him a quite a discount---$150, and that was a lot in the 80s. The breeders were planning on keeping him for showing (in fact he won first place in the puppy round when they showed him) but one of his testicles never descended, and that's a disqualification and also makes him useless as a breeder (don't want to pass that on). The breeder actually was tearing up when we went to pick Baron up.

These pics. are from when Baron was a senior----wish I had some of him when he was younger on my computer.

Mom and Baron
    [​IMG]

Dad and Baron
    [​IMG]

Here's a bigger pic. of Daisy from this summer when she was cooling off in her pool:
    [​IMG]

I wish the other pics. were bigger, but I copied them from my FB album.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    http://www.dragongsd.com/

my
    breeder just purchased a pup from here as a schutzhund prospect and potential future stud dog.

Somehow I erased Chucks kennel from my original post. lol http://www.shepherdsbydesignk9.com/

Here
    is my boy when he came home at 9 weeks
    [​IMG]

at 9 1/2 months old
    [​IMG]

I've gotta get a GOOD new pic since it's been a couple months.

Here is Singe and his sisters, Mona and Bernice
    [​IMG]

My boy Rayden as a pup and today at 8 yrs old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PeachHillFarms

PeachHillFarms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    We have two GS dogs in our local petport that look just like those puppies. They are so sweet! I wish you lived close enough!... And I have one of my own!:)
    This is Ozzy!
    [​IMG]

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    What's a petport? We are definately going to be looking for another GSD when our Daisy is no longer with us. They are such great dogs! I was raisd with 2 different males, but I prefer the females. I don't care for the looks of a lot of GSDs I see these days----very short coats, smaller body, and the coloring is not for me-----looks kind of like a wild dog. I also don't care for the set of the ears or how tall the ears seem.

7. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    I'll take Hulk Vom Kraftwerk! Beautiful puppies!

8. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I spent and afternoon at Kraftwerk K9 and the owner/trainer, Wayne Curry. It was my surprise birthday gift from my husband one year. I helped with some OB training on the feild, met Waynes (then) start stud dog, Rebauke and his up and comming owner-bred and trained stud dog Cruger the Boom Vom Kraftwerk ScH3 High protection. I loved Cruger so much, he was very social and sweet but really turned it on in protection.

Wayne has some nice dogs, he sells a lot of breeding stock out of his facility. At one time I had decided his kennel was the place to get my puppy, but later changed my mind for various reasons. His dogs are nice dogs, but there are more specialzed and quality GSD producers out there. At one point Krafwerk was producing more than 30 litters a year.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Nice, but I'm more than happy with my boys. And not all GSDs have that strange "american shepherd" look to them.

10. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    [​IMG]

My 10 month old, she is a hand full.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by