German Shepherd Male available for adoption- Bangor Maine.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MaineChickens, Sep 6, 2008.

1. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Ok, it isn't really BST, but I have available a young dog in need of a new home.

This is a pup from my own breeding who was returned to me at 4 years old.

He is housebroken, crate trained, not destructive, good with other dogs, good with cats, good with people, stable in all environments- but the kicker- I want a home with no kids. He was in a home with kids the first time and was given up for being too protective when the kids would have friends over. He is a great dog and would make a great companion for someone who would like to have a little more personal security. He doesn't get on the furniture and is a generally low maintenence dog. This dog was raised going to work with his former owner so he was well socialized.

I will not ship the dog. References required. Large/intelligent breed experience preferred.

He is good with chickens and ducks in a supervised way- I do not know that I would trust him unsupervised with them. Then again, I do not trust most dogs unsupervised with birds.

dt6303 @gmail.com (remove the space) or use the PM feature here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Go ahead, make my day!

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh gosh is he pretty [​IMG] Good luck rehoming him!! [​IMG]

3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy he is a beauty. Too bad we have 3 kids..... Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    what if we wanted a dog to protect the family?

5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    He's beautiful! I already have two large dogs (and 6 kids), so no home for him here....good luck to you rehoming him, he really is gorgeous.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He's beautiful. Wish I was closer.

7. billiebrat

billiebrat Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Altoona, PA
    He is beautiful! I breed German Sherpherds too and he's amazing. I love the breed. Unfortunately I have 13 dogs at the moment and can't take him, but I will touch base with come people locally and let you know if I come up with anyone. Good luck.[​IMG]

8. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    Why was he returned?

9. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Aw! I love german shepherds! We have a solid black male, Mason. He is really good at killing raccoons and opossums that try to get our hens. I would love to have another one but we have a little girl!

Heres a pic a mason (i have to show him off lol)
    [​IMG]

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh how I wish I could get him!!!!! But I have 2 little ones! I want a German Shepard SO BAD!! And I guess I would need to live closer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by