German Shepherd Needs a home, GA

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by FlightsofFancy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    We are looking for a GREAT home for our GREAT dog. My husband found her about a year ago and we totally intended to place her then, but she just stuck around and we fell in love with her. She is about a year and half old, house broken with good manners and obiedience trained. Plays frisbee, does tricks, good with horses, kids and other dogs. We are just at our max with animals and she deserves to have a family that will make her a priority.

Cheyenne
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
  3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I know this dog! She is wonderful...VERY well trained. She's great with my kids and great with wee little dogs. Just an awesome dog.

If any of you are frisbee dog people...JUMP on this girl! She LOVES to play frisbee. I had never played frisbee with a good frisbee dog...it was SO much fun!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Why are you so far away??? Darn! She's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I hope someone will give her a good home. I sure would if I could.

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    She sure is a cutie. If she wasn't so far away and I wasn't at my 3 dog limit I take her. I really want some more dogs but the landlord said no. I guess a former renter ruined it by breeding puppies and letting them run out of control:( Dogs good with horses get a plus in my book:)

P.S. Maybe put the state she is in in the title of the post so someone close by will see her and give her a great home:)

6. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Why are you so far away??? Darn! She's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I hope someone will give her a good home. I sure would if I could

There are people who will help in transport if you are really interested. People do this kind of thing all of the time and usually for nothing. Check out the transport site on petfinder.com if you are really interested in taking her http://forums.petfinder.com/viewforum.php?f=9

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:.

There are people who will help in transport if you are really interested. People do this kind of thing all of the time and usually for nothing. Check out the transport site on petfinder.com if you are really interested in taking her http://forums.petfinder.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Thank you! I will check it out right now! [​IMG]

8. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
  9. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    She's gorgeous! I'm a huge sucker for GSDs.

Is she a mix? She looks just like my GSD/Carolina Dog mix! - frisbees are her favorite thing too.

Good luck finding a home for her! I hope all works out.

10. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Thanks Helms for your comments! (Really!) This makes it even harder to place her knowing that other people think she is as great as I do. Sniff!
    I am not going with a rescue group, to all that have suggested, because my experience has not been good so far with that. I have gotten too many nutso people who respond and just waste my time.
    Transport is always an option, I have friends who travel in the frisbee circuit and could take her with them. I guess just about anything could be worked out for the right home.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by