• Total voters
Pics

CapricornFarm

Pottery producing maniac
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Are you ready? I am not. Lets talk about what needs doing before winter has us all in her icy grip!
Usual BYC rules apply. Play nice or go home.
Depending on where you live, you might need
* Snow Shovel
* Bag of coarse salt
* Winter Jacket
* Snow Boots
*Oil , Gas, Wood or some way to heat your house
*Extra groceries in case you can't get out to buy some.
*You can help add to the list!

What jobs need doing at your place to get ready? Tomorrow i am putting up tarps and putting the roof up on my hoop coop. I also need to build a cold frame or 3, plant bushes, plant bulbs for spring and gather kindling.
20171026_165741.jpg

This is the hoop coop i am working on for some of my birds.

I bet you get lots of snow there! Is that a Polish in your avatar? I have 12 of them! Love those chickens!
Not as much snow here in Virginia. I think i am in denial as i am used to FL winters. Hoping it won't freeze for a while yet. Want to hang onto my garden for a bit.

Not at all ready. Been an extremely warm fall here but snow's in the forecast and I still have a coop roof to get installed. Been working my tail off on weekends.

Not at all ready. Been an extremely warm fall here but snow's in the forecast and I still have a coop roof to get installed. Been working my tail off on weekends.
Wow, got pictures? I am working way too hard for an old retired lady whose husband fell out of a tree. Almost glad it is raining today. Now i can relax and do housework instead!:lau

Wow, got pictures? I am working way too hard for an old retired lady whose husband fell out of a tree. Almost glad it is raining today. Now i can relax and do housework instead!:lau
P1280145.JPG

Floor is in, just have to make doors and I could move birds in if needed. I'd have to shovel the hay loft out, though, or it'd collapse. Can we say PAIN IN THE REAR?

I bet you get lots of snow there! Is that a Polish in your avatar? I have 12 of them! Love those chickens!
Not as much snow here in Virginia. I think i am in denial as i am used to FL winters. Hoping it won't freeze for a while yet. Want to hang onto my garden for a bit.
Garden's been dead for a while here, so at least I don't need to worry about that.

Back
Top Bottom