Get the word out about BYC! We need reviews...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Apr 8, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    In a thread about breaking records on BYC, Nifty-Chicken mentioned that a lot of our traffic yesterday came from a site called stumbleupon.com.

I've noticed that websites that have the best reviews (and most number of reviews) get placed on the first page of stumbleupon.com. Unfortunately, while BYC is listed on that site, it only has ONE review! This is unacceptable. [​IMG]

The pages on the main page of stumbleupon.com have at least 30 reviews. I propose that we all spend a few minutes reviewing BYC for this website (you don't even need an account there!) so that we can bump BYC to be advertised on their main page. I bet we can work together to get about 100 reviews.

Here's a direct link to where you can review BYC.

If you choose to participate (and I hope you do!), make sure to rate BYC using the button "I like this!" next to the stars at the top of the screen, then click on the number of reviews at the top of the screen to be taken to a place where you can add your review. Tell everyone why you love BYC and why it's the best chicken website and forum on the Internet! [​IMG]

Thanks for your help in getting the word out!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think I just gave it thumbs up three times! [​IMG]

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I gave it thumbs up abunch of times.... [​IMG]
    But they wanted me to join and download a tool bar to post a review.[​IMG]

4. debilorrah

I went back and gave it more thumbs up, but I don't want their toolbar [​IMG]

5. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I wrote a review and it says that there are 7 reviews now, but I can't see any of them other than mine?

Oh and I didn't get the toolbar, but still joined.

6. debilorrah

I entered my email address - is that joining?

7. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:How did you get out of the toolbar?
    And like Debi said....is entering your email joining, if so I wrote a review! Soooo....Confused [​IMG]

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I could never see anything that linked to the reviews.
    But I've given several thumbs up while looking....

9. raizin

raizin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Oregon
    My Coop
    it is very confusing. Not sure if my review went through, but I did it and gave it some thumbs up.

10. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know... lol. I did enter my email address, but I think I told it I didn't want the toolbar. I really don't remember. I got an email from them, but I don't have that toolbar....

I am confused, too!

Edited to add...

I just went through my activation email and it says now all I have to do is download the toolbar to be able to use the site or something... grrrr. So, maybe that's the problem. I don't want the toolbar, though! I do want my darn review to show up though!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by