1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GETTIN' NEW CHICKS!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HarlansHollowFarms, Apr 14, 2009.

1. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I ordered me first order of chicks today! I will be getting 25 Buff Orpington pullets and 2 cockerels. I set the arrival date on June 1st so I will be back from holiday and reagy with the brooder, coop and pen......I am cheating with the coop and having a local lumber shop build me a 12 x 8 salt box shed (is that enough room?) that I will finish out with insulation, windows, small storage area ect.
    I am SOOOOOooooo excited, this gives me that extra motivation to get thing done even if it is still cold sometimes...... Now I can't wait til June.. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  2. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Ok, I changed the title...did that help? [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah......New Chicks............ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Happy happy happy for you ...... [​IMG]

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Yeah!!! You will love those little fuzzy Buff Orps. They are my favorite.[​IMG]

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:I'm assuming that they are chicks and they should do fine. They might need more space if they aren't free range though.

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:I'm assuming that they are chicks and they should do fine. They might need more space if they aren't free range though.

I plan on having a 40 x 10 run on both sides of the coop. One side will be a garden plot that will be swapped every year. Do you think this will be enough room? If I need to I can process some in the fall, but I was under the impression the BOs need longer to mature. I really only want to keep about 12 hens and 1 roo so eventually I will process some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by