Getting a big coop this Fall!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Morgan7782, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am so excited. Our money situation is getting a little better, so we will be working on getting a big coop before this winter! I have 5 standard chickens, and right now they are in two seperate coops due to space restraints. We will be getting a WOODEN shed, to convert to a coop, that will be 8 x 8, or 8 x 10 ft. Haven't quite decided on size yet. Half of the coop will be used for the chickens and the other half will be for feed storage/bedding storage. And shoot, with an 8 x 8, or 8 x 10 ft coop maybe I could get 1 or 2 more chickens [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hehe.

I want something rainproof for my girls, that's Sacramento's biggest thing is rainy winters. I will use my current coop(s) as growout coops for further generations lol. Or if somebody get's hurt or sick. Always good to have a spare small coop. We are also going to fence off the patio so the chickens won't have access to it, too much chicken poop to clean up lol and they love the patio. But they will have most of the yard and garden beds and such. I am excited for Fall now! lol.

2. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Congratulations! Have fun planning your new coop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by