Getting a Cricut

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seismic wonder2, Dec 18, 2009.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I'm getting (got) my wife a cricut for christmas.
    Anyone here have one?
    Use it much?
    How about the design software?
    Or the "other" design software?

2. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I don't have one yet, but I really want one. It has a million uses. Worth your $$ for that reason alone.

3. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    My best friend has one and loves it! It's on my wishlist to get one :)
    I've heard that the Design Software is great for those that wish to sit and layout many items to be cut on one paper at one time. If your wife enjoys working at her computer the design software may be a great addition for her.
    I'm going to sell my Zippe Mate diecut machine and dies and get a Cricut.

Michelle

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    My daughter has one. She loves it. I have heard her say that she prefers a certain blade for it. I guess the longer one works better.

5. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    I have one. I love it and use it a lot. Would be a serious toss up to decide if I'd grab the Cricut or Dyson if the house was on fire.

I have the "other" software for it and have gotten way more use from it than I would have from just the cartridges and Design Studio.

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is (in my opinion) well worth it just for the fonts alone. You can use any true type font out there with SCAL2. Therefore, the price of the software is paid for within just a few uses of fonts. And with sites like dafont.com where they have tons of free fonts it has thousands upon thousands of uses. Using the dingbat (image) fonts also opens up tons of useability. Their customer service is also top notch.

If you decide to get Cricut Design Studio bear in mind that you must have the cartridge in order to use those images in CDS. CDS can also be found on sale quite often. Don't pay full price!

If you (or anyone else) have any questions, ask me. I'm more than happy to answer them.

6. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    SCAL2 that's the one...I couldn't remember.
    What I read it's the deal to have

7. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:It is. I've downloaded 650+ fonts (both script and wingdings). To have that number of items with cartridges would be 1000s of $$. Don't get me wrong, I'm still loyal to Provo Craft and do buy cartridges just for the ease of using them, but SCAL2 makes the Cricut so much more versatile and worth it.

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have the Cricut Expression and I love it!

Tell me more about this "other" software...all I have is cartridges [​IMG]

9. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Oooo I want one!!

10. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    There's a ton of 'em out back in the summertime, so big you could hook 'em to the end of a cane pole and fish with 'em!

[​IMG]

Oh wait... that's not what we're talking about, is it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by