getting a hova bator tommorow

sager:)silkies

Songster
8 Years
Oct 1, 2011
Canada
my question is i have hatching eggs ready for it should i wait tell it hits the right temp and everthing b4 i put it in it has to be at 99.5 right also what should i am for humidty and any other tips would be nice

Hi well I love hovabators. I would let the bator run for 6 hours before setting the eggs to give it time to stabalize and everything.

Now for humidity in your instructions it will say for you to fill the one trough in the bottom of the bator for the first 18 days, and with the one filled my hovabator runs around 50% humidity and for the 3 day lockdown at the end of the hatch it says to fill both troughs, when i fill both i get a reading of between 62%-68%. But your humidity also varies with where the bator is located and everything. this is the first time i have ever monitored the humidity with my hovabator the rest of the time i just filled the one for day 1-18 and the two for lockdown and the worst hatch i got was 8/10 so it hasn't been bad that is why i love hova bators so much once it stabalizes it needs very little if any tinkering.

I guess it depends on which one you have? My genesis is rock solid has been from day one...

i have an old 1583 model. and i turn it on and withing 6-8 hours i got the 99.5 steady. And i turned it on a couple days ago from not running for over a year now and didnt move anything and it was still set from last time perfect. I have had no problems with mine.

Back
Top Bottom