Getting a New Buck Tomorrow (he's here, pics inside)

helmstead

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Alfordsville, IN
As sad as it is, with Sinatra's passing being so recent, I had to scramble to find another buck for my registered Nigerian does in case they weren't settled by Sinatra before he died. They're full siblings to my Billy buck, and I don't want to breed them to Hank or Virtue (NMGA bucks).

So, guess who I found? Sinatra's daddy
cool.png

I'm going tomorrow (road trip) to pick him up. All I have are some crummy photos of him, so I'll take new ones once he's home and post those. He's blue eyed, and is black roan with frosting and pinto markings. I didn't ever intend to have three black bucks
hmm.png
but ah, well! I saw this buck's entire spring kid crop earlier this year. Most of the kids were their dam's color, he only passed on his color to two of his daughters...so perhaps he'll follow suit here. Also, he knocked one of his horns off fighting with a ram...they call him their "unicorn". hehe

A little good in all the bad.

Last edited:
What a pick up that was. They had him in a small area made of cattle gates and field fence. He was fine, friendly - until he realized they were trying to catch him! He simply ran through one of the gate joints and was loose in about a 3 acre field. We finally lured him back, all aprehensive, with food. The owner's husband was able to catch him by his one horn and somehow held on while he fought.

Anywho...he's home. He is FILTHY and RUTTY!
sickbyc.gif
The one horn is going to have to go...he knows exactly what to do with it when he's cornered (and it looks dumb!)

DSCN3092.jpg

dscn3090.jpg

handsome guy!!...how come only one horn?.... and he looks healthy and ready to do the job...
bun.gif
...., Wendy

Quote:
LOL None of my other bucks hold a candle to this guy! He's in for a bath!

Redhen - he injured and subsequently lost the left horn fighting with a ram sheep.

Kate, once you get him all spiffy'd up, I'd like you to accompany me to my son's wedding in the future, if you can handle that boy, I'd love to see how ex hubby is in for the pleasure of meeting your acquaintance, it would be so FUN!
lol.png
Or, I'm willing to take lessons...

Back
Top Bottom