Getting a New Couch...Care To Comment?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 2, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    We've decided to get another couch. It's a different color than the one we have now...by alot. It's being offered to us, it's a queen-sized sleeper sofa, with a blue recliner matching.

Here's how it's gonna look:
    [​IMG]

We're trying to figure out how to make it ferret-proofed. We "think" it's too close to the ground for Goose to get into it, but where there's a will, there's a way.

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Looks like it will be a comfy model. Those ferrets can slither under almost anything ;-). I can just see our Bandit (long gone now) running along with a shoe in his mouth as big as he was, trying to run under a piece of furniture, but he could never manage it with the shoe.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hmmm...yeah sleeper sofas are hard because they pose lots of dangers for little ferrets! We used to have to keep a real close eye on my ferret and he wasn't allowed on that particular couch. He usually stayed in his cage though, except for supervised out-of-cage play.

Is there any way you could put a couch cover on it? I know that hides the pattern of the couch itself, but I've seen some really, really nice couch covers! I guess it would depend on how much you fancy the actual design on the couch and whether or not you would be willign to cover it. However, a cover would prevent the ferret from digging into the crevices.

Looks like a nice couch to me though!

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I can't find ANY of my flip flops...I know once I move the now, hole-ridden sofa, I will find the greatest shoe stash ever!!!

Is the sofa hideous? I'm not too keen on the upholstery, but it will match...kind of? Either way, it's better than sitting on the sofa and being swallowed up into the metal rails.

I honestly don't think it'll be long now before we get a second ferret. Thing is we want a small one like Goose and the ones we've found are HUGE. I mean...gargantuan monster ferrets.

Goose used to be able to fit under the closed doors, she can't do that anymore, I just don't want a ripped up couch.

5. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Ferret proof?? There is no such thing as ferret proof.

6. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Looks comfy. I was wondering, if there is enough space underneath, running some 2 x 4s along the bottom. Not attatch them to the couch or anything, but wedge them in there so the ferrets can't get under. Just a thought. I don't have ferrets, but I do have a house bunny. It always makes me nervous, because they can chew wires. She isn't normally allowed out in the living room, but on the occasion she does, I have to be extra careful. I would definitely make sure you know where your ferret is before you open or close up the sleeper, though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  7. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Yomama, good idea. I used 1x4's. I used small nails. I put them there to keep toys from going under the couch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by