Getting A Parakeet Today!

Chickenfan4life

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Planet No
My mom works with a lady that has a cage with 2 unwanted parakeets, and the lady asked mom if she wanted the cage and the parakeets. My mom agreed, and told me I can have one of them. Furthermore, she is giving me first pick of the 2. She said she was sorry for telling me I could get a parakeet, and then saying I couldn't.

Now, I need help choosing. We are going to pick them up today at 4:30-5:00. There are 2 different colors, one a pretty sea blue/ green-blue color, and the other is more of a yellow pied color. I do't care about color, I would much rather have a bird with a good temperament. The blue one is younger than the yellow one. So... I am wondering... which one should I choose? Younger or older? What should I look for in behavior?

Thanks. Pictures later. :D

I have 1 blue parakeet right now. I used to have 3, a white and yellow one. But the yellow one, Sassy, got egg bound years ago
sad.png
, and the white one, Snow, just died last year. Rain, the blue one, is not 11 years old!
old.gif
I love her so much! They do much better in pairs, so if you could, could you get both? They will keep eachother company. Rain now is next to Beamer, our counure, but theyre in different cages, they always chatter with eachother!
It's hard to know the tem. of the birds. I could never take my parakeets out of their cage, if I did they would fly over my house.
Hope you have fun with your new friend!

The one I picked out is very pretty! He has blue and a light olive green and a vibrant yellow head. :D He is older, though, so he will be hard to handle for a while, which might delay pictures.

Back
Top Bottom