Getting a trio of BC Marans on wednesday in the mail-happy ending now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by monarc23, Mar 23, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    My first time getting birds in the mail! They are 1 month and 2 month old birds, a cockerel and 2 pullets. [​IMG] [​IMG]

They're being shipped out tomorrow and over nighted I cannot wait to get them! [​IMG] They're coming from the east side of PA to the south west side of PA (pa is a pretty big state).

I just had to tell someone of my excitedness [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Congrats! [​IMG] The waiting is the worst part.

We'll be waiting for pictures [​IMG]

3. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    Congrats and Good Luck! [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    my babies are in a box somewhere prob in central PA right now [​IMG]!!!! I wish I could force myself ot go to bed early so I can wake up with a start to my mom calling us to get us to come down to her work and pick them up!!!!! [​IMG]

will have pics once i get them here [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think we are all almost as anxious as you waiting for the pics of your new babies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow! Chickens in shipping boxes! Do take pictures when they arrive in their box and as you take them out! I have never seen this so I am very curious!

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Well im extreemly upset... in tears over here... mail lady called my mom (who when at work is closer to where express over night shipping would go)... my birds AREN'T there. So the PO lady called the other PO which would be the second stop before the last stop they dont have my birds either. The PO lady said if they werent' there at 4 am im NOT getting them today.

All the breeder did was put an lb of corn in there with them... assuming they'd be here already for me to give them water. She didnt error on the side of caution and they have NO Moisture!!! They were shipped out at 10 am yesterday... so they are going to go SEVERAL hours without water.... IF they even come tomorrow I may find them dead. I am SO upset!!! I emailed hte breeder asking for the tracking number she told me I'd get that i never got.... I am shaking and just want to scream. I KNEW something would happen. Bad stuff always does when it involves something i am hopeful and happy about. [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry.

I was very lucky when I had my birds shipped in from Eastern Washington state.

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yeah and the annoying thing is these birds lived in the same state they were being shipped to [​IMG] just on the other side of the state. I wish my stupid state wasnt so big I would have just asked hubby to to take a small road trip on friday or the weekend rather than this. NEVER AGAIN [​IMG]. Even if they come to me tomorrow OK... never again this is too much stress and those birds have got to be so thirsty... [​IMG]

10. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    sorry to hear I hope everything works out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by