Getting an BYC advertisers ad to come up?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by gritsar, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I am in need of more chicken supplies for the newest chicks. I like to purchase from BYC supporters whenever possible.
    I'm assuming that a tally is kept somehow of the number of hits they get on their website directly from their ads on BYC. I therefore assume that it's best to go that route vs. typing the companies web address into my browser.

However, being technically challenged, I don't know of any way to cause their ads to come up at the top of the BYC page. Is there a way? Is there a list of the BYC sponsors somewhere so I can go to their website directly from BYC instead of just jumping categories, hoping their ad will come up?

I hope this makes sense. [​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

makes perfect sense to me. I've seen an ad pop up a few times as I was in the process of switching to another category or post, and would REALLY have liked to check it out, but can't get back to it. [​IMG]

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Makes perfect sense! Some things you can do to help support those companies that support BYC:

1) Visit the page of all the "Official BYC Sponsors" here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-supplies.html
    2)
    Click on those that are of interest and browse their sites.
    3) Send them a note (email, contact form, note in your shopping cart order) thanking them for supporting your addiction... er... hobby and especially for their support of BYC!

I hope that helps!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Thanks y'all. Nifty, that list is just what I was looking for. It will allow me to do some comparison shopping on prices before making my purchases, all the while supporting BYC. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by