getting blank pages in search topic

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chickabee5, Jan 14, 2010.

1. chickabee5

chickabee5 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2009
    Recently, when I do a search, I have been getting blank pages after clicking on a specific topic. Is it my computer, browser or the fact that I have dial up? Or is it a website prob?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It might depend on what you're searching on. Our database is getting really big, so if you're searching for something generic like "chickens" you might not get any results back.

We're working on a few things that will hopefully fix the problem. In the meantime you can try one of the following:

1) Narrow down your search to specific sections of the forum and/or search just the titles of topics
    2) Use more and specific words in your search
    3) Use the "Google" search at the top right of every page. This searches just the forum data

3. chickabee5

chickabee5 Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2009
    I get the results but when I click on one of the results the page comes up but there is nothing there but the BYC headings

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's odd for sure. Can you walk me through the process you went through? What you clicked on, searched for, then tried to click on, etc. We'll try to duplicate the problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by