Getting bored of one type of animal?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CrazyChickensEverwhere, Jun 28, 2011.

1. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    I really really want something more then chickens ( I love chickens but I want to add on ) and I am looking for another type of animal, be reasonable because I have to talk my mom into it (she has a soft spot for farm animals) so nothing crazy like a emu. I love ducks but... I don't have very good experiences with them [​IMG]

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Geese are nice...and they mow the yard quite efficiently.

3. Young Heritage

Young Heritage Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Monterey TN
    If you want something small and that doesn't use much space go with rabbits. If you got the room go with a cute baby goat or sheep. Cute babies are always an easy sell:D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Quote:I would vote goat as well. A nice little pigmy goat [​IMG]

5. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    I'm with the rabbits or goats crowd. And both can be very useful - rabbit meat and goat milk !

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I also vote goat. Although they are constantly trying to get the chicken feed. Ducks and geese get the drinking water very dirty, very fast (even if it's in a waterer----well unless you use the nipple-type). Here's pics. of my babies (the first one is from last fall, the second is from a year and a half ago----when the really WERE babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    some ducks are very friendly and are happy with just a pan of water to splash in. Some people like turkeys but they can be mean. Have you tried meat rabbits? Or a meat sheep to milk for thick cheese and cream?

a miniature goat can be a fun pet.

8. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I have ducks! They are very messy with water but their poop water has done amazing things for he yard and the trees [​IMG] That and I don't know what I would do with my mornings and evenings if I couldn't watch them slash around in their pool. I want a pygmy goat but my husband says we don't have enough space [​IMG] So I am thinking rabbits... Flemish Giant rabbits [​IMG]

9. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Oh on craigslist someone has 2 pigmy goats, 25 dollers each,

10. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

quail or rabbit or fish lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by