Getting button quail and have a few questions

Discussion in 'Quail' started by pheasantfreak, Jun 25, 2011.

1. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    I want to get some button quail and know that i have to keep them in side and i want to keep them in a fish tank but was wondering what size tank i should keep a pair of them in also whats a good bedding for them. I would love to see some pics of your set up and also if you have a pair for sale and willing to ship them i would love to take them off your hands

2. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I have my pair in a 20gl tank and they love it!!! I hear pine/aspen is a decent bedding. An straw. I think I am getting cedar from my feed store by accident so I have to find different bedding. Check my byc page for pics of their setup. Relatively new to them myself buuuut I think I am doing a good job... Getting eggs from them!!! You need a real big enclosure for them to go broody I hear tho.. PM me if you want. [​IMG]

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Oh and you will LOOOOOOVE buttons!

4. the outdoorsman

the outdoorsman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    Quote:I have my pair in a 20gl tank and they love it!!! I hear pine/aspen is a decent bedding. An straw. I think I am getting cedar from my feed store by accident so I have to find different bedding. Check my byc page for pics of their setup. Relatively new to them myself buuuut I think I am doing a good job... Getting eggs from them!!! You need a real big enclosure for them to go broody I hear tho.. PM me if you want. [​IMG]

Great I have a 20gl fish tank and I have some buttons.

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Great I have a 20gl fish tank and I have some buttons.

Do you have a wire lid?

6. the outdoorsman

the outdoorsman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    No but I can always go to lows and gets some screen to put on it.

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Yah I suppose that would work. <-- nvr used that. Always had lids.. beware the boink factor tho........ *flap flap* *bonk* OUCH!!!!

8. pheasantfreak

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    thanks now all i will need is to find a breeder

9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:stellargamebirds.com [​IMG] I believe thats the site... Very well known here on BYC. Never used her b4.. I can look up more if u would like... Or if I get some decent hatching going on I can sell you some! [​IMG]

10. pheasantfreak

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    okay i will check it out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by