getting chickens fat?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by [email protected], Dec 31, 2012.

1. bassmaster1498@aol.com

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    What are some ways I can get chickens fat faster? I started a business selling meat chickens and ive been thinking of what I can do to get the chickens fat faster and sold. I've come up with using corn but just wanted to know everyone's advice on it please any other advice you may have I would appreciate it thank you

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    What kind of meat chickens are you raising? If you are raising Cornish X feed broiler or turkey feed. They will reach market weight in no time flat. While corn is high in energy, it is low in protein. For high performance, chickens need a balanced ration.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Give them free choice on their food 24/7 - a good grower ration. Give them scratch in addition plus treats. Should bulk them up quickly. Good luck to you!

4. bassmaster1498@aol.com

Dec 8, 2011
    i am raising red cornish hens from day old chicks and selling them by the pound.

5. bassmaster1498@aol.com

Dec 8, 2011
    redsoxs I am feeding my chickens 20% chick starter What do you RECOMMEND I use for feed My goal is to get the chicks fat the fastest and have them sold that's all.

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    If you wnat to get chickens to market in the least amount of time with the least amount of feed per pound of gain, I suggest you raise the chickens that are bred for that purpose. Cornish X.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by