getting cornish meat birds

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Marty Tomski, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Marty Tomski

Marty Tomski New Egg

Feb 22, 2012
    I getting 25 meat birds, I don't know what i should feed them? I want ot be able to send themm to the processer between 8-10 weeks. Any recommendtions on feed?

2. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    there is a chick starter feed especially for broilers. Your feed store should carry it.

Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    I just got 10 cornish rocks last week , the guy at the feed store sold me chick starter when i asked him what to feed them

4. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Seminole, Oklahoma
    I got 11 two weeks ago. Guy at the hatchery said to feed non medicated chick starter.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    We feed ours broiler feed when we can get it and turkey feed when we can't. They have feed from about seven in the morning until seven at night. The feed is at one end of the pen and water is on the other so they have to walk a bit.. We add Broiler Booster, available from Murray McMurray, to the water. It seems to help their legs and overall health. We bed on shavings. Works for us.

6. birdman1960

birdman1960 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2012
    north central cheeseland
    I feed mine broiler mix that my local feed mill grinds, or you can get the crumbles made by purina or some of the other commercial mills

7. hydroswiftrob

hydroswiftrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    My Coop
    I use Dumor starter/grower 20% from TSC for the first 3 weeks, then I start gradually mixing in some Gamebird 28% from a local feed store until I get the mixture to half and half.

8. Marty Tomski

Marty Tomski New Egg

Feb 22, 2012
    thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by