Getting coturnix tomorrow!!!**UPDATE** Sex question!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 2, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Any tips??? I have only experience with button quail, but would like any and all advice I can get.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Have you read the quail sticky at the top of the forum? it'll give you the basics, but if you've done buttons, much is the same.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    No, I haven't I keep forgetting the stickies are there...>.<
    I bought a 50lbs bag of food today, and got the pen ready. Hoping he uses water bottles or the quail are smart enough to pick it up..

4. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I read that they are.... Good luck [​IMG]

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] Its an impulse buy lol... Someone 45min away from me is willing to deliver them for $5 a piece so I am hopping on that!

6. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    if they are 4+ weeks old, i'm sure they will figure the water out, good luck, and check that sticky out, so much good information

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:They are 3+mos old and I just checked out the sticky, indeed lots of good info! I am hoping coturnix make a good addition to my quail addiction lol!!!

8. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Gah I am so excited about getting my coturnix tomorrow! I can't sleep!!! Nearing 3am my time.. And in 7 or so hours I will be getting them. I bet they will be an interesting quail breed to have!

9. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Their neat little birds I love the sounds they make. I just hatched 60 more that are a little over a week now & their jumping around like Mexican jumping beans. They love to eat & they also love to take a dirt bath. I provide mine with two big dog bowls full of sand. Good luck & enjoy your feathered friends.

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Do you know if tuxedo coturnix are jumbos or normal???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by