Getting more nervous again.

knynrstylvr222

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 5, 2008
I know that I need to leave the egg alone, and I am I have not opened the bator, but last night at this time it was chirping up a storm, and I have not heard any chirping for quite some time today. Is it possible that it is just sleeping?? If not what should I do, Im not sure what day of incubation this is exactly but I know it is around 21 give or take a day. How long should I wait for it to make noise again??

Patience!!...It maybe getting into position to hatch...and since its had a heck of a ride so far, maybe he/she is resting...do not open that bator!!...Your waiting on a pip....

I wasnt gonna open it LOL, I have actually been really good since I put it in to leave it alone, but I was reading more and I read that if the chirping decreases you may need to be concerned and I know you have been here all day with me so I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I wish there was a way to pay you for all the help and peace of mind you are giving me. Thank you soo much really.

You really can't do anything until it makes that first pip and then it can take 24 hours before it will zip out of the shell......some chicks make it, some don't but until it takes that first pip its on its own...if you would try to intervene it could bleed to death..I'd say since the temps and humidity have been wayyy off just give it a chance to hatch on its own...

Last edited:
How many chicks at a time do you usually hatch, is it usually better when there is more than one, I obviously cant do anything about that now, but I am gonna try again now that I have more knowledge on the subject, but I need to know the least amount of eggs I can hatch. One is cool but it is so hard to hatch one cause you feel like you are waiting forever, and nothing is giong to happen. I saw some chicks hatch last weekend, and it looked so easy and the girl said she was on her 21st day, why am I having such a hard time??? This is soo much fun but so stressful especially the week before finals. LOL

I have two incubators and lots of Broody hens at the moment...I never try hatching out less then 12 to 14...sometimes I have 42 in the bator..a lone chick is not a happy chick they need a companion...

I have a biology lab tomorrow and im gonna ask my instructor what they did with the eggs they didnt use, and I know a girl in my class that was trying to hatch one too im gonna ask her how that is going maybe if she doesn't want to hatch the eggs anymore I will try to take one if they havent hatched yet. They may be on day 21 tomorrow because they may have only been set on monday April 14th, but im really not sure.
sad.png

Just an update, still no noise, but the temo is staying nice and steady in my bator, and im not sure about the humidity but with two cups of H2O and a moist cloth I think it should be ok. I think today is day 21, and Im soo ready for it to hatch but Im trying my darndest to be patient. I wish there was some sign of life though, shaking or peeping.
sad.png
If there is anything else I may want to try or do I am certainly open to anything that may help to hatch him/her.
fl.gif

I am in the same position as you and its killing me! I have no wiggly and no peeping. I hope they are okay (i am just nervous, and excited!)

Right after I posted that, he pipped!!! now hes making a bunch of noise and stuff so maybe urs will too im praying for you!!

Back
Top Bottom