Getting my 1st Israeli chicken soon-a silkie!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by danischi24, Dec 27, 2008.

1. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    As some of you may know, I've been desperately hunting for a silkie in the US but due to timing issues, I couldn't bring the lovely pullet back with me from my trip last month. I was heartbroken [​IMG] -stupid officials gave me 5 days to get all her paperwork done & I just couldn't do it & ship her in time. So I was put in contact with someone here by my US breeder as she sold him some other breed eggs. I contacted him & he had sold all his silkies including many imported from Holland. So he put me in contact with the guy he sold them to. I doubt these will be anything but pet quality but I'm hoping [​IMG] . So we are hosting a horse show next week & maybe this guy's son will be coming to compete in which case, he will bring the lovely 8 month old white pullet with. Otherwise, I will go down there the week after & collect her (or a nicer one if I find it) come hell or high water. Soon I hope to add pics of her on here. I'm so excited-she will be my 1st bird in this new country [​IMG] . Maybe one day, I will get my American SQ silkie too [​IMG] .
    P.S. My bf so doesn't get it-oh, he will soon enough...it's an addiction [​IMG]

2. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    wow! i am sure your silkie will be quite the talk of the town! If people aren't used to seeing them they can look quiet unusuall. good luck!

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Congrats! I hope all goes smoothly for you! [​IMG]

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    good luck!!! Make sure you post some pics when you get her!!!!

5. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
  6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Congrats! I know how long you've been working on getting your silkie. She's adorable!

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    What a cutie pie -- CONGRATS! [​IMG]

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    She's lovely! congats on the little girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by