1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

getting my CA egg handlers card

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jk47, Feb 3, 2015.

1. jk47

jk47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2013
    CA
    Do they send someone to check your hens just to be sure so I can make sure my chicken area looks good

2. Nedw3

Nedw3 Out Of The Brooder

I applied for a egg handlers certification just before Christmas and received in the mail in mid January. No one has showed up to inspect as of yet.

3. Atroop

Atroop Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2015
    Lake Stevens, wa
    Did they ever come?

4. Nedw3

Nedw3 Out Of The Brooder

No, they never did come out. I did have the inspectors from the department of Ag come out and check everything when I applied to sell at the local farmers market.

5. Atroop

Oct 2, 2015
    Lake Stevens, wa
    Can you show me a photo of your egg handlers kitchen. I want to get one up here in Washington State but want to see how a set up would look like. I was hoping to do it without having to add running water from my well.

6. Nedw3

Nedw3 Out Of The Brooder

I don't have a kitchen set up especially for the eggs. I collect my eggs twice a day and store them in a refrigerator set at 39 degrees. When I pack them they are cleaned, sized and candled for quality. They are then stored in new cartons for sale at 39 degrees. It would be really nice to have a kitchen setup especially for the eggs but I have not gotten there yet.

7. Atroop

Oct 2, 2015
    Lake Stevens, wa
    Thank you :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by