Getting my garden shed tomorrow!

SuziQ991

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Missouri
So I started last August with 5 new chicks and my DH built me a great 8x4 chicken coop. So what happened you ask? I got addicted to chickens and BYC, thats what happened. My BLRW hen went broody so I bought 8 fertile eggs from a local woman. Then I bought an incubator and put another 20 in there. It's all your fault. I keep reading on here about everyone incubating eggs and you even have the nerve to show me pic of your adorable chicks. I HAD to do it! Guess what? All these new chicks will not fit in my 8x4 coop. Sooooo I ordered a 10x12 garden shed. It will be delivered tomorrow. Just in time too. My broody hatched two chicks today and hopefully more tomorrow. My incubator eggs are due the 31st. My DH built me an awesome brooder, it is huge. So I will have time to get the inside of the shed all fixed up. It has ventilation on the roof, but I am going to add more since it only has one window. I think it will be big enough to have a storage area too. I will post pics when I get it all done. Is it right to be excited about a shed????

Last edited:
Not our fault...we tell you right up front....WE ARE ENABLERS. Do not expect us to stop you...encourage you yes...stop you NEVER. LOL

I just had my 10 x 20' delivered last week.
lau.gif

7630_eastside.jpg

Now for the weather to clear so I can start the interior modifications and etc.

Wow that is a nice one! My DH was going to build me a bigger one, but I suggested just buying one. So much easier and quicker! Do you have the inside of yours all planned out? That is the hardest part for me. I just want to make sure I get it right.
Oh and YES this site is FULL of ENABLERS!!

wellllllllllll I did have it figured out before it arrived but now...I have changed it. LMAO

I was going to build a 12 x 40 but bought the 10 x 20 to start with 2 pens for chickens and 1 large pen split in half for my ducks. Now...2 huge pens for the chickens and build a smaller one for the ducks because they make such a mess you know.
lol.png

check back with me after the weekend...I am sure it will have changed by then too. hahahahaha

Mediazeal it is a custom amish built utility shed from Bluegrass Barns in Cynthiana, KY.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well it is raining cats and dogs here so I don't know if they will deliver the shed today or not. I found a pic from their website. The one I am getting is stained dark brown but I am going to paint it to match my other coop which is cream, white and red.

39403_warehouse_garden.jpg

Back
Top Bottom