Getting my very first pullets today!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JennyBean, Sep 21, 2012.

1. JennyBean

JennyBean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2012
    SE Texas
    I'm so EXCITED!! [​IMG]

We finished our coop and run over the last 4 weekends. I am now able to go and pick up my girls! They are going to be 9 weeks now, since I had to delay 2 weeks.( finishing the pen took longer than I thought)
    I'm planning on at getting 6.[​IMG] Not sure what I am going to come home with after all. I will let you all know what breeds I bring home in the end.

I just wanted to share the news! [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    How exiting for you! Just watch you don't go overboard and bring home 10, hey! Enjoy and post pics so we can see your new girls.

3. JennyBean

JennyBean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2012
    SE Texas
    Thanks!! I didn't bring home 10. But I did bring home 7.*LOL*[​IMG]

This is what I bought... Buff O.,Black Star,Speckled Sussex,Australop,Sliver Laced Wyndotte,Americauna (EE), Wheaten Americauna (EE).

They are sooooo CUTE!!! As soon as they got home, they started taking dirt baths, scratching, eating and drinking and doing the flapping wings exercise.

I locked them up tonight in their house. I couldn't resist checking on them tonight. They were all piled up in a corner sleeping by their food.*L*

Today has been a long day. I will try and get some nice photos of them while they are still young to share with everyone.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by