Getting myself an incubator for my birthday

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    my birthday was yesterday and I found some really affordable incubators at Orscheln. How long can an egg go before putting it in the incubator? Is it safe to order them through the mail. I was thinking about egg bid. Dont know what breed yet. I like a variety so I think I want something new it has to be cuddly. My Marans are really stuck up and dont like to be loved on. I dont know if its the breed or these ones in particular. Bring on the opinions!
    Miss Annie

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Happy Birthday!

Eggs are good up to 10 days. But the fresher the better. It's definately safe to order them but shipped eggs are a gamble they usually have a lower hatch rate than nonshipped eggs. Check out the buy sell trade forum here first you'll most likely find what you're looking for.

3. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Happy BD to you!!! [​IMG]

What a great present, if I don't get one for Mother's Day, I may have to do the same but I'll have to wait until this fall [​IMG]

4. Happy Birthday to you! I can't think of a better b-day prize than an incubator (unless it's a 'bator and eggs fro hatching)! I just bought myself some duck eggs to celebrate my upcoming b-day.

Yes to what S'cake said.
    Do check out the BST forum here.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Happy Birthday!!! And YAY BATOR!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by