Getting nervous... first hatch next week

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by harleyjo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I am starting to get nervous about next week. Lock down is Tues. and 21 days is Friday. I am using a still air Hova Bator and I know how touchy these can be.

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your first adventure into hatching. Don't get nervous and don't get disappointed. If your temp stayed pretty steady and your eggs are fertile then you should be fine. If you candled your eggs and the development looked good then there is no reason to be nervous. Yes there are many things that can go wrong and only experience can help you through them. Do not get disappointed if for some reason you do not have a good hatch but instead learn from it and try again. After three years of hatching and over 2000 chicks, we are still learning different things. We just take each one and try to learn from it. If you go to our website and from the home page click on the "Help" section. From there click on the "Incubation" section. I have written out an overview of the incubation process and things to watch for. It might be of some help and comfort for you.

3. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Thanks for the support. I looked at your website and it was helpful. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by