getting new coop soon need ideas for dropping boards under roost

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blueseal, Jan 4, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    any pics would be great .

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Go see my BYC Personal Page (link is at left) and look at the pic of the sussexes, you will see the way my droppings boards are basically set up tho I've done various similar-but-different versions.

I scrape the board clean every morning - takes only a few seconds, I push the poo off with a dustpan into a bucket - and presto.

Pat

3. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    I love my poop boards ! Sorry I have no photo's ....I have put peel on tiles from the dollar store .... on mine to make them easier to clean...

4. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:Haha that sounds funny! [​IMG] seriously though I will watch this thread closely and see what there is to see!

5. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Ha ha ha ! I have another WORD for the boards but I won't mention it here.....I also use the poop boards to compost the poop with other backyard/kitchen stuff....not horse stuff....I put the dirty shavings from the coop in the horse manure pile but i use the chicken poop from the poop boards in my backyard composter....I let it dry a little before putting it in ( during the summer) so the compost bin doesnt get so wet...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by