Getting New Incubator!! UPDATE!!

PeepMomma

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Edmonson Co. Kentucky
OH NO!! The greatest news! A friend of my Husband is giving me an incubator! My husband said he was talking to this fellow about my chicks and chickens and the guy told him he had an incubator he would give us. My husband originally told him no, but after he told me and I freaked out, he told the guy we would take it! And all I have to give him is some chocolate oatmeal cookies!! I am so excited and know I am going to have a million and one questions for you all. Hope your prepared! You all have been so friendly to me and I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Congratulations, now youll be hooked on hatching.
big_smile.png

I have a question. What is the best kind of incubator to buy. I only need to hatch a dozen eggs at a time. I would like to be able to put the eggs in and whaaalaaa! I think I might have hi-jacked this thread:/ I dont even know how many days it takes to hatch a chick! I just know that its next to impossible to get the chicks that you want from the hatcheries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:

Last edited:
I have a question. What is the best kind of incubator to buy. I only need to hatch a doze eggs at a time. I would like to be able to put the eggs in and whaaalaaa! I think I might have hijacked this thread:/ I dont even know how many days it takes to hatch a chick! I just know that its next to impossible to get the chicks that you want from the hatcheries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:

Hi,

I find the Little Giant, even though far from the most expensive or fancy incubators, work just fine. I purchased mine from Eggcartons.com. You might want to check them out. I would recommended getting one with the egg turner and forced air. Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

Quote:

For a good cheap full view Hova-Bator incubator,, this is the place that I found to be the cheapest and imho is a lot better than the LG brand.. $52 You do have watch daily and regulate very slightly due the change in the eggs even with Hova-Bator.. I have 3 Hova-Bators now..

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/reptile-incubators/

I read here on this board that lots of people are having problems with the temps. fluctuating on LGs..
hide.gif

But I also have read that the 1588 with the electronic termistate is even better but with the auto egg turner you're out about $180 ..
thumbsup.gif

Ok everyone! I got the new incubator. It is a Little Giant Still Air Incubator. It looks to be a pretty simple thing to operate. Having never had an incubator before, I am unsure. Does anyone have any knowlege of these, or any ideas where I go from here? We do have it turned on to make sure that it will actually work. The red light on top came on so it is getting power, we are waiting to see if it warms up before introducing any eggs to it. Any suggestions will be helpful!

Back
Top Bottom