getting old when middle age

kyzerc

Chirping
Nov 7, 2015
After I spent last week in hospital with heart failure I found that only 50% of people live 5 years.They say the mortality rate is faster than cancer.OH well anough about that.I drove a harley 13 years and im still here.Middle picture is from last week when power was out two days,killing about 30 silkies due to hatch next morning,.I kept these warm with my grand mothers old oil lamp.I hope I haven't posted in wrong thread,or bored any one.The brooder was made for me by my son,i have 3.

3 days old

and grown up

Last edited:
You did a good job. Here in Kenya, most people use charcoal braziers to keep chicks warm. The power supply is such pants that it can't be relied upon at all.

I used to ride bikes, but not Harleys - more Japanese sport bikes - I was pretty good at falling off, that much i do know!
big_smile.png

All the best
CT

Seen the thread name & had to stop in! Middle age.....lol!

DH went to hospital for an angiogram. 4 days later they cut his breastbone in 1/2, stopped his heart for almost an hour, removed veins from his leg, and preformed quadruple bypass surgery.

They told him if he didn't stop smoking, he might live 2 years maximum. If he did stop smoking, they said the bypass probably added 13 years to his life. I was 2 months pregnant with our daughter when he had surgery. She is 10 years old now. :D He has not been able to overcome the addiction to cigarettes.

Not saying he doesn't have struggles. He applied for disability twice. State of Ohio said because he was only 42 years old when he had heart surgery, that he should make a "full recovery" & denied him social security both times. He tried to work, but had several more heart attacks. To sum it up, we decided to live a simple life. He tried to work, but it was killing him. You have to be your own advocate. He stays home, I work and some weeks, I barely make enough to pay for his meds.

Don't worry about statistics. You are not a number. I'll say a prayer for you today. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope I didn't bore you with mine:D

Here is a picture of my Harley I bought new and rode 12 years I had $40,000 in it.

I cant find the best photo.The power went out from a tornado.,It took down everything,it came right up the street.They have a cord you can buy to use in an emergency,the incubator is a gennis 1588 and it was the ist time I had used it.It is a 12 volt and you can hook it up to a battery.I just haven't got one the adapter yet,MY friends mother has lived 50 years,but the average is 5 to 10.Im lucky to make it this long,because ive had uncontrolled bp for 40 years.Thanks for replying. Ill say a prayer for you too

Last edited:
I try to tell evey body our age to get a stress test.I went to emergency room a lot even stayed in hospital, I had the most of the. warning signs, but they didn"

t give me a stress test and had a heart attack soon after that.I got one stent and they had to redo it. I was a shop foreman and diesel mechanic.I worked a few years after doctor told me to retire.I finally quit after 32 years and got my disability in 3 months.that was about 10 years ago.Since I was in my 30,s ive bp so high that the doctor said I wood stroke out I did have,It would 260/112.Ive been in icu, the heart ward every 3 to 6 months for over 20 years. I had surgery a few weeks ago and another one coming up.I don't see why your husband couldn't get ss.Most people get it the second time.Do you have any dr reports?I had a stack about 3 inchs high,because.They try to wear you out I knew what was coming,i got ssd for blood pressure and bad back and a bunch of ailments. Get a good attorney.I would keep trying.Good luck,give a report every once in a while.The only thing I worry about is my animals getting a home.All my relatives have lived to 90,oh well

Last edited:
DH has to do chemical stress test. Passed the treadmill test 12 years ago, they told him he's fine. Then dr ordered him a chemical stress test that showed otherwise.

Bike looks cool!

Crazy day. Worked, then cleaned rabbit cages out, cleaned part of the coop, housework, cooked dinner, etc. General day.....good day:D

Sorry, the nurse in me just can't let this one go.....

You have this incredible cardiac history, heart attacks, high blood pressure, CHF, multiple hospitalizations for your heart. In your other post you stated you ate an entire bag of potato chips and threw yourself into CHF and wound up in the hospital....were you doing some kind of personal challenge to see how much your heart could survive? I just don't get it?

I haven't eaten chips in years.When I had my gall bladder out a few weeks ago they gave me a bag of chips,barbuce,i hadn't had any for years,I was in store with my grandson and saw a bag of chips.I told him to grab me a bag cause they were so good in hospital.I don't eat fryed food French fries,only baked chicken.I just got them on a whim.Ive never had edma before,maybe a slight swelling of feet.I never knew when I had my stroke when I was 40 and had no chest pains with heart attack.I did have so many symptons of one I had the grim reaper tattoed on my arm with his hand reaching out and saying waiting.I stayed in hospital and when to e r serverval times,but they never did stress test and sent me home. I had heart attack shortly after.I had no idea about salt in chips.Now I do. One hour after writing the ist thing I had chest pains and had to call a ambulance and go back to my 5th floor hospital suite.I just got out.Me 50 years ago. I'm sure full of holes now.Blood every 2 hours.

Last edited:
Thanks,i messed up and sold it after my heart attack.Ive regretted it but couldn't ride it with my heart problems now.I lost about $30,000 selling it.To rub it in my friend has it now.

Eh, it's material. Hopefully you can move past it & just try to enjoy life. Hubby & I have let go of so many material things with our previous divorces & our children. In the end it's all just stuff. Stuff that someone, someday has to deal with.

Good luck with a healthier diet. Something I myself struggle with.

Back
Top Bottom