Getting over run by chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EvyCrystal, Aug 18, 2011.

1. EvyCrystal

EvyCrystal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    So I had a good number of eggs in my incubator and I let two hen have some eggs to lay on, Mother Hen had 4 and Gold Hen had 5.
    Now I mostly wanted to hatch out my silkie Hen's eggs :3 Her chick will be Half Maran. I only have one rooster and he is a full Maran, he such a doll.
    I really want to see what the silkie/Maran chick will look like!! SO far I hatch out 4 of them and they are doing really well along with other chicks, right now I have about 14 Chicks. All the eggs I left with the two hens hatch, sadly two of them die. One egg got lost and one chick got killed : <
    But here some photos of the dear hearts :3

[​IMG]

This is the first one to hatch out of the group :3 He is a Silkie/Maran (I still don't know if boy or girl) My BF name him Thor |D;; idk why I keep asking him for names . . . He does have dark skin and 10 toes :3

[​IMG]

I took this when I had 11 chicks, There Thor in the middle looking at the cam x3 !

[​IMG]

Another image I took when I still had 11 chicks, I really need a bigger box WHICH I'm getting one soon. Thank gosh I don't think that box can last any longer |D I tell you what, these guys are to funny x3

Well the 4 half silkie half Marans all are dark skinned and all have 10 toes BUT one has only 9 toes! lol They also have those lovely big sweet silkie eyes <3 There mother is a small Black hen with some gold around her neck. I call her Silkie Mama. haha!

Oh . . . I think I just heard some peeps from my incubator . . . -goes to look and comes back-

yeah . . . two more chicks are hatching as I type this |D GEEZUS! ok I'm soon going to have 16 chicks . . . BUT They are Silkie chicks!! yay more Half silkie chicks! so that mean I have 6 little half silkie chicks <3 <3 Oh I can't wait to see what they will look like when they get bigger [​IMG] Haha all the Chicks have the same father so they really are brothers and sisters x3 to cute <3 <3 !!

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Post some pics of the chicks growing up?? They are adorable... [​IMG]

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG]

4. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    Yup I will [​IMG] The eggs in the incubator hatch but sadly one was to weak : < really unset about that, the other one is fine, its a pretty little guy and peeping like crazy LOL this one has 9 toes, so now I have two half silkie with 9 toes LOL x3

[​IMG]

here the little one still wet x3 !

[​IMG]

here he is all fluffy!!! [​IMG] haha! little guy is sleeping now <3 !!

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

They're so cute!!!

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    So cute! Must be really exciting to hatch your own [​IMG]

7. EvyCrystal

Aug 8, 2011
    South Texas
    it really is [​IMG] but ALOT of work, This is the 3rd time I use my new incubator but I have hatch some before that with just my hens laying and being broody x3 So I guess I been doing this a good while now [​IMG]
    I learn a lot every time I hatch some chicks, so I'm getting better with the hatching and caring for them :3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by