Getting read to start my quail adventures...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by DntBrnDPig, Feb 27, 2015.

1. DntBrnDPig

DntBrnDPig In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2015
    SE Tennessee
    I've been interested in raising some quail for awhile. I finally decided to start acting on it. After looking over thousands of pictures, spending weeks going through forums, and dreaming of quail pens in my sleep I decided on a GQF Breeding Pen type design. I just finished one tier. I'm still working on getting all my prices together but it looks like I've spent roughly $35 dollars on this so far.

I want each individual tier to be removable so I can take it out one tier at a time to clean. But I'm not really sure yet on how I am going to build the stand to hold them all just yet. Anyway, here's a video I made last night of the first tier.

It can have 5 individual bays or be one big colony pen... or any combination. Using the space dimensions from GQF Breeding Pens, their 10x24 pens can hold 4 birds. So each of my bays (12x20) should be able to hold that many as well. That's where I came up with the though that each tier I build could hold up to 20 quail.

If you have any ideas, tips, comments, etc... let me know.

Thanks for everyone's input on this forum/community. It's a wealth of knowledge!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word Staff Member Premium Member 7 Years

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  3. DntBrnDPig

DntBrnDPig In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2015
    SE Tennessee
    Thanks! I've been looking and learning a lot from that thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: