Getting ready for my 3rd incubation attempt but i need marbles

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bock_Bock, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    iv been looking around for marbles and they seem to have disapeared off the face of the earth, so i was just wondering where do you guys pick your marbles up from? last time instead of marbles what i did was take some of those hair berretes that have those balls and i cut the string and took the balls off and used them, and i dont want to do that agin so i am asking do you know where i can get some cheap marbles? or do you have another suggestion on what to use

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Try walmart I have seen marbles there.

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thanks i check there before and i didnt find anything but i hope since christmas is comming up i will be able to find some

4. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    why marbles?

5. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    look in the craft section of walmart, where the glass vases and other floral stuff is.... also, check the fish supplies....
    they have them in the craft section at our $1 store down the street too

6. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    why not just use some rocks? they are one thing that honestly cant dissapear off the face of the earth! at least i hope not!

7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    the marbles are for the waterer so that the chicks do not drown themselves in it, trust me it happens alot.....And i will deff try the dollar store i got alot of them around here 2 major ones a dollar tree and the 99cent store, and i will check the fish and and craft section when i go walmart next i am usually there every few days lol thanks

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Quote:cuz with them you have to worry about all the germs and pesticides that can dwell on them and on top of that they are harder to clean and most of all can have sharp edges that can do just as much harm, while marbles are round with no sharp edges and totally smooth

9. sleepydream21

sleepydream21 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2009
    central MO
    Dollar General has bags of 100 I think maybe 150 for about a dollar.

At least that is where I got mine...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  10. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

You could always switch to quail water bases also known as Non-Drown Bases then you don't need marbles at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by