Getting ready to go home to my chickens (PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by dacjohns, Sep 9, 2008.

1. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I've been in Idaho for 3 weeks now. Where has the time gone? Tomorrow (Wednesday) we leave for home if all goes well. My daughter is recovering nicely from her C-section, granddaughter loves her baby brother, grandson is two weeks old. Poor little guy got snipped today. [​IMG] He isn't too happy but seems to be doing OK.

We didn't do much chicken wise while in Idaho. We met Buster and his family and my daughter joined BYC.

Our plan is to go through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons and then head southwest; maybe stopping in Colorado to check out a possible job and visit another daughter. (Notice the semicolon, it may not be proper punctuation but it is deliberate for someone.) (Don't you just love the French language? [​IMG] ) Maybe we'll see some Prairie Chickens.

I hope to be back with my birds by Saturday. If I have internet access and the time I will post updates and maybe even photos.

I've my work cut out for me. Three weeks of catching up, pears should be ripe, freezer party for the extra birds, start a new job Monday.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Busy busy busy. Travel safe and congrats on those babies Grandpa!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Congrats on the grandson! Poor thing getting snipped is not as bad as the raging hormones he would experience later in life in high school LOL!

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am glad to hear that all went well for your daughter. Congrats on the new grandson. I hope you are able to post a pic! 3 weeks is a long time to be chickenless! I know its not a word, but it fit! [​IMG] Have a safe trip home.

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    But did you find a bed?

And you stumped me on the semi colon; dac.

I'm trying to think but i can only think of;;;never mind. [​IMG] I don't know anyway;;;what I'm talking about.

me,
    g

6. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

On a certain thread one of the posters liked to use semicolons.

I will sleep wherever I lay my head.

7. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    That would be me [​IMG] YAY!! I'm so glad you are visiting Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons!!! [​IMG]

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Congrats to your family for the arrival of the new babe!

It must be because I'm tired, but I just don't get this [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:
    I am thinking that they are thinking the kid got neutered. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    coffeemama wrote:

Congrats to your family for the arrival of the new babe!

It must be because I'm tired, but I just don't get this smile hu

EweSheep wrote:

Congrats on the grandson! Poor thing getting snipped is not as bad as the raging hormones he would experience later in life in high school LOL!

I am thinking that they are thinking the kid got neutered.

rotfl! that's what it sounds like! You didn't neuter him did you dac? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by