Getting ready to lay or just lost?

6RandomBrownLayers

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
Hullo, my chickens (1 white rock, barred rock, delaware, new hampshire red, and speckled sussex) are just coming up on being 18 weeks old tomorrow. About 15 minutes ago I thought something had happened to my delaware, Taylor. Turns out she was just under the front deck, which would be normal except for the fact that she was making a lot of noise and looked to be pushing. It might have just been me wanting her to lay
hide.gif
The other pullets were around the other side of the house and usually they all stay together. I'm wondering if she s getting ready or if she was just lost and was calling for her friends. Any ideas?

maybe she is going to be laying her first egg! Mine are 26 weeks and last week only one started to lay eggs. She was very noisy before her first egg came out. The 4 other girls stayed away from the coop while she was in the nest box. It was very exciting getting our first egg. In a weeks time she has layed 6 eggs. The other 4 haven't started yet.

lorain's fids :

maybe she is going to be laying her first egg! Mine are 26 weeks and last week only one started to lay eggs. She was very noisy before her first egg came out. The 4 other girls stayed away from the coop while she was in the nest box. It was very exciting getting our first egg. In a weeks time she has layed 6 eggs. The other 4 haven't started yet.

Congrats on your first eggs
woot.gif
I also got my first eggs this week and my tiny little red bantam made so much noise it was funny. The neighbors two streets over probably heard her. She started about 8:30 and finally laid her little egg around 3:30. She would be out in the yard scratching and eating worms then all of a sudden she would tune up and run as fast as her little 1" legs would take her back to the coop. She must have made that trip about 20 - 25 times. Got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday except laughing at Lucile. Fairly good sized egg for a little bantam, too. LMAO​

ummmm, i think she might have been trying. did you ever get an egg under the deck today? my older hens still make pushing noises. im sorry i dont know how egg-actly lol to help you!!
hugs.gif
sorry
<3 kelsey

Quote:
Congrats on your first eggs
woot.gif
I also got my first eggs this week and my tiny little red bantam made so much noise it was funny. The neighbors two streets over probably heard her. She started about 8:30 and finally laid her little egg around 3:30. She would be out in the yard scratching and eating worms then all of a sudden she would tune up and run as fast as her little 1" legs would take her back to the coop. She must have made that trip about 20 - 25 times. Got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday except laughing at Lucile. Fairly good sized egg for a little bantam, too. LMAO

Congrats to you on your first egg also!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom