Getting rid of my chicken! Who should i give him to?

jamieluzs4

Songster
7 Years
Jul 1, 2012
East Coast
Hi everyone!
I have a very aggressive silkie rooster on my hands, and he crows very loud in the morning !
Does anybody know where i can give him away??

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us. I guess it depends on what you want done with him. Are you thinking rehoming? You can perhaps place him in your local Craigs List. Also, if you are not particular about his fate, someone may accept him to eat. You might also check out the Buy, Sell, Trade forum on BYC. Good luck to you!

Roosters crow. Some crow ALOT. I had a silkie roo named Roger, HE was very aggressive at first, then his hormones chilled out, and he turned into one of the best roosters and daddy. Even raising chicks on his own after a raccoon killed all the other chicks and hen in the coop he was in. So, maybe he just needs some time to get it right. The next question, is he agressive to you, or to the hens? Might just be that he's learning to mate, and it is not pretty at first. Looks and sounds awful at first, but then they get the hang of it and its, nothing.

Roosters crow. Some crow ALOT. I had a silkie roo named Roger, HE was very aggressive at first, then his hormones chilled out, and he turned into one of the best roosters and daddy. Even raising chicks on his own after a raccoon killed all the other chicks and hen in the coop he was in. So, maybe he just needs some time to get it right. The next question, is he agressive to you, or to the hens? Might just be that he's learning to mate, and it is not pretty at first. Looks and sounds awful at first, but then they get the hang of it and its, nothing.

He's actually really aggressive, especially to ME! I've always been a good chicken owner, and never abused them or anything, but all of a sudden he's horrible. When i went to feed them today, he ran at me pecking then started chasing me halfway around the house making some awful hissing noise with his wings spread apart! I swear he ran as fast as me. It actually really scared me !! He used to be so nice!!

Wow, that is aggressive. Roosters can do that, especially when they've been handled a lot. They can be so sweet, and cuddly and then BAM! Hormones hit and they become the ultimate jerk. If he is aggressive to you to that point, I'd cook him. If you can't, find an Asian person, or a Chineese person who would like him. OR, you could put your big girl pants on, go in the run with the intent to catch him, don't be scared, well don't show that you are, and snatch his fuzzy butt up and hold him upside down. Put your foot on him, not to hurt him, but not to let him up, and hold him down... re-exert that you are the boss. As far as he is concerned, he's the boss. If not, then I do hope you can find a new home for him with lots of silkie girls.

Wow, that is aggressive. Roosters can do that, especially when they've been handled a lot. They can be so sweet, and cuddly and then BAM! Hormones hit and they become the ultimate jerk. If he is aggressive to you to that point, I'd cook him. If you can't, find an Asian person, or a Chineese person who would like him. OR, you could put your big girl pants on, go in the run with the intent to catch him, don't be scared, well don't show that you are, and snatch his fuzzy butt up and hold him upside down. Put your foot on him, not to hurt him, but not to let him up, and hold him down... re-exert that you are the boss. As far as he is concerned, he's the boss. If not, then I do hope you can find a new home for him with lots of silkie girls.

thanks!!! i will try to act more like im in charge and see if things begin to change.

Back
Top Bottom